Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

I'm going to be an aunt!

I am a bit sad and happy about the news of becoming an aunt.  Wait, what?  I am going to be an aunt, again?  Does this mean that someone in my family is pregnant?  Yes, it does.  I am happy because it means that I get to be an aunt.

However, I am a bit sad as well.  Why sad?  It is because my little sister is the one who is pregnant and not my sister-in-law.  If anyone knows me, they know that my sister and I are not close.  We are not even remotely close at all.  I don't know much about my sister as sad as that sounds.  I don't know much about her, other than she lives in California, she's married, and when her birthday is.  That's as far as it goes as knowing anything about her.

I feel a little sad that her child, my nephew or niece, will never really get to know me.  They will never really get to know their aunt.  Instead this child will grow up with my sister's friends and her husband's friends as their alternative uncles and aunts.  My kids will never get to really spend time with their cousin.  

My husband always tells me that at least I have his sister and brother as my own.  But it's not the same when they didn't grow up with me.  But I am grateful, forever grateful, I have them as a sibling.

I wish the best for my sister as she enters this new adventure of motherhood.  It's exhausting but it's an amazing experience as well.

Until next time, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment