Pages

Friday, March 28, 2014

Fridays can be the best...

Last night I did not cook dinner because my husband offered to grill up some hamburgers for dinner to give me a break from cooking.  So, I don't have a picture of last night's meal to share.  Sorry about that. 

Back when my husband and I discovered I was pregnant with our daughter, he made a deal with me.  He told me that as long as I don't wake him up in the middle of the night to go get me a craving of a food/drink that I have, he will take me out to dinner every Friday night to a restaurant of my choice.  He was true to his word and I got to enjoy one day of not cooking and not wondering what to make for dinner that night.

Now that we are pregnant with our son, he made the same deal with me.  But trying to go out to a restaurant with a toddler and actually enjoy ourselves was proving to be difficult.  So, we kind of agreed that instead of going out to dinner, he would pick up either fast food of my choice or he'd pick up something at a grocery store. 

I have been having a strong craving for fish with this pregnancy lately.  But unfortunately, my husband is not liking the idea of me eating any sort of fish during my pregnancy.  I know that it's okay to eat in moderation, but he is just being concerned and wants to make sure the baby is okay.  I told my husband a couple of weeks ago that since I was near the end of my pregnancy, I was wondering if he could take me out to dinner so I can get salmon.  So instead, he did the next best thing.  He bought salmon burgers.  That is what we are having for dinner tonight.  I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment