Pages

Monday, January 25, 2016

Lemon Garlic Chicken


This is one of my absolute favorite meals.  I could eat this every single day and never get tired of it because it is that good!  One of my good friends introduced me to this chicken dish and I have been guilty and made it two nights in a row.

It is a lemon garlic chicken.  It's seriously so easy to make.  I just coat the chicken with a little extra virgin olive oil, season it with some salt, pepper, and garlic powder.  Then I put some chicken broth in the bottom of a pan and place chicken in and top the chicken with some lemon slices.  Pop in a preheated oven of 350 for about 35 minutes.  While that is in the oven, I have the rice cooking, and when the chicken is about five minutes away from being done, I pop the cauliflower in the microwave to steam them.  

And there you have it.. a yummy delicious and healthy dinner complete in 35 minutes!  I love when meals are that easy and that delicious!  Tonight I am taking a break from leftovers and I am making steamed dumplings.  It is another family favorite.

Speaking of family.. I don't know what to do with my son sometimes.  He's constantly biting and chewing on things, he's crying and fussing unconsolably lately, he's screaming and screeching at nothing in particular, and he still wakes up in the middle of the night.  My daughter has been pretty good.  She listens to me well, about 95% of the time.  However, I do wish she would sleep all night as well.

I am a little sad that when my mother in law was in town that my husband and I didn't get to go out on a date or go anywhere solo.  It would have been much needed and much appreciated but it didn't happen.  So, maybe we can in March during Spring Break.  We plan to spend a few days with my mom.  Maybe my mom will let us take a break and go out alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment