Pages

Friday, January 8, 2016

One exhausting week

Well, good news.. I feel a little better.  I still have a slight cough here and there, but I don't have a fever anymore and I don't have anymore achy-ness either.  My son is somewhat back to himself, except for a cough here and there.. but he has no fever.  However, my daughter is still not feeling well.  Two nights ago she kept whining for me for some reason and I didn't know what she wanted.. every time I asked her what she needed, she would cry.  That evening she would whine "mama, ear, ear, ear" and point to her ear.  

Right then I knew she might have an ear infection.  Unfortunately we didn't have any medicine in the house I could give her.  They were all expired.  So I sent my husband to the store to get medicine for her.  He bought it but giving it to her was proving to be difficult.  But after she took a couple of sips, it didn't bother her so much.  I made an appointment with her pediatrician for the next day.  My husband and I mutually agreed we'd not send her off to school the next day so she could rest.

Turns out, she does have an ear infection and I gave her the medicine for that which was tough to do as well.  But two nights ago was the roughest night ever.  She kept waking up every hour or so and scream about her ear and she'd end up kicking me, she head butted my nose at one point in the middle of the night and I ended up with a bloody nose.. I spent 45 minutes trying to get my nose to stop.  Just a really rough night for all of us, except for my dog and son.  Surprisingly, he slept through all the screaming.

But her doctor did say after a couple of days after taking the ear medicine, there should be some signs of improvement.  I can't wait.  I miss my little girl's cute voice talking to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment