Pages

Monday, June 8, 2015

Big difference in one hour

It is seriously amazing how one hour can make a big change on my daughter.  Today we woke her up at 5:15am and I was semi dreading it because I wanted to stay in bed for a little bit longer, but I knew I should wake up and wake her up.  My husband actually got her awake and she was pleasant.  But when it came to nap time, she was definitely not pleasant.  She fought me when I was trying to tell her to go to bed.  But she fell asleep within fifteen minutes versus the thirty it usually takes me.  I hope bed time will be easy for my husband.

This is the last week he works til summer is over and then he goes back to work.  I hope it will be a fun summer with the kids.  I know his father is coming to visit us in a couple of weeks and I know we are going to visit my mother at the end of this month.  But other than that, I really don't know what else we have planned this summer.

I've been in the mood to make cookies lately.  I might do that next weekend.  But I really want to make some chocolate chip cookies.

Last night she woke up twice and after the second time, my husband said to bring her in our room.  I know he wanted her in our room so she'd sleep through the night and give me a chance to sleep.  This summer for a week or two straight we are going to have her sleep in her room and as soon as she is in a deep sleep we are going to move her to our room.  I hope she sleeps through the night then.  That way she gets some much needed sleep and I also get some much needed sleep.  Hopefully when and if she wakes up in the middle of the night, she will see us in her bed and will fall asleep again.  Maybe if we do this for a week or two she will think in her head when she sleeps that we are still there when we aren't.  I really hope this works because I don't know how much more of her waking me up multiple times a night is going to work out.  But one can only hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment