Pages

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Chicken modge podge










Last night I was really struggling on what to make for dinner.  I need to plan better meals next month because I hate when I don't know what to make.  So, I decided to thaw some chicken and when my husband got home from work I would find a magical meal to make.  Unfortunately the meal was not magical.  But the chicken was somewhat good, the mashed potatoes were really good, but the carrots.. not so much.  I just used store bought mashed potatoes, they were the red potatoes with garlic and parmesan cheese.  The carrots were from carrots we got at the store that I peeled and cut up.  I cooked them in some balsamic vinegar, I thought it would taste pretty good because balsamic vinegar is pretty good.  Unfortunately the carrots were not that great.  Thank goodness I didn't make a lot.  The chicken I just dredged in ranch dressing then breaded it and then baked it.  I should have let the chicken marinade in the ranch dressing because it wasn't as good as it was if I had marinated it.  Tonight for dinner will be leftovers.

Today is the last day my husband works at the school!  He will not be returning back next year but he did get an offer to work at a different school.  So, once he signs the contract we are going to go out to celebrate again.  My husband and I are the type of people who like to celebrate anything we can.  Every year we celebrate my birthday, his birthday, our dating anniversary, and wedding anniversary.  We also celebrate Mother's Day and Father's Day together.

No comments:

Post a Comment