Pages

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Dinner, family, love

I have been feeling so lazy as far as cooking goes lately.  I haven't really followed my meal plan in a week.  I did somewhat plan for the groceries but not really at the same time.  I planned meals for the next two weeks because my father-in-law will be here in a couple of weeks.  So, I just planned meals out until he gets here.  But I didn't really decide on certain meals on certain days.  Like I know my husband loves my chicken burritos, so I asked him how many times he wanted to eat that in two weeks.  I know he loves when I marinade chicken in some sauce so I asked how often he'd eat that in two weeks.  So, tonight for dinner I marinated chicken in ranch dressing and when it gets close to dinner time, I'm going to bread it and then cook it on the pan with some butter and extra virgin olive oil, I'm going to steam some vegetables, and I am also going to use up all of our tater tots that are in the freezer.

I know my father-in-law loves going out to eat and has a different taste for foods than what we eat so I am just going to wait til he gets here and we will do another round of grocery food shopping when he gets here.

I am actually looking forward to when he gets here.  It's not everyday we see him.  I want my kids to get to know their grandparents so it's nice that he is coming this way.  I wish they lived closer and I wish my parents lived closer, too.

In just four days my beautiful daughter turns three!  Three!  Oh my, time flew by!  It seems like yesterday when my husband and I went to McDonald's for the "last supper".  Our last meal as a family of three until we came home from the hospital.  We left the house as a family of three, and we would be returning as a family of four.  Now we are a family of five.  But I wouldn't trade them for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment