Pages

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Potty training begins

Today is the day we are going full force on potty training our daughter.  I am dreading it because I already know it is going to be a lot of work.  I have read stuff on the training process of it and I am hoping it will go easily for me to teach her to pee/poo poo in her potty.  They say potty training girls is easier than potty training boys.  But we'll see.  Every time I change her diaper I used to say to her, "you went pee pee, can you say pee pee?" or "you went poo poo, can you say poo poo?"  I'm hoping that helps her out.

Last night she slept all night.  But my husband waited until she was deep asleep in her room before he brought her in our room.  She fell asleep on our bed and didn't wake up once.  Well, she woke up once but fell back asleep pretty quickly because no one else woke up.  We had both of the kids and our dog and us in our bed so it was a tight fit it seemed in bed last night.  I am hoping with her sleeping in our bed for a week or two, she will sleep all night and get some much needed sleep and be less cranky.  I am also hoping when she finally does go sleep in her room she won't wake up in the middle of the night because she will still be thinking she's in our bed versus her bed.  That's what I'm hoping for anyway.

Parenting is definitely not easy but it is fun.  Everyone I know keeps telling me that it gets easier but I don't picture that really happening, but I hope it does get easier.  I am exhausted today and my coffee is definitely not helping me wake up.  Maybe when the kids nap later today I will take a nap as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment