Pages

Friday, March 27, 2015

Friday is Fun Day!

It is Friday, it is Friday, it is Friday!  Can you tell how excited I am that it is Friday?  I absolutely love Fridays!  Fridays mean that my husband will be home at 4:30pm and then he is off work for the weekend!  The kids and I love when he's home because he's so fun to be around.  And next week is Spring Break so he'll be home for the whole week with us next week.  Double jackpot for me!

I have been busy, somewhat busy, with A's project.  I say somewhat busy because I have been working on it here and there when the kids are pleasant and when I don't have anything else to do around the house, like cooking or cleaning or anything.  Last night for dinner I made this dish called Corny Chicken Bake.  It was really good, just had chicken, corn bread stuffing, creamed corn, celery, and onion.  The first time I made it, I cooked the chicken before putting it in the oven.  Yesterday I actually didn't cook the chicken ahead of time, and my husband actually said he loved the way it turned out yesterday compared to the first time I made it.  Note to self: when making Corny Chicken Bake again, don't cook chicken ahead of time.

Today for the first time in a very long, long time, both of my kids took a nap at the same time and my daughter ended up napping for two hours!  Two hours!  I think I might regret that later on tonight when bedtime comes around because my husband will be struggling to get her to bed at 7:30pm.  But I think today after dinner, I'll give my daughter a nice relaxing bath and use some lavender lotion on her to help relax her and help him get her to bed easier.  I hope it works.  Last night we both had a hard time getting her to fall asleep.  She has been pretty easy to get to sleep lately, up until last night when it took a bit longer than usual.  My son fell asleep early last night so that was easy for me, but hearing my husband and daughter in the other room while he was trying to get her to sleep was breaking my heart so I helped him out to get her asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment