Pages

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Some days I just want to cry

I think I am at my breaking point some days.  There are days, like today, where neither of my kids are listening to me, they're not napping when they should, they're demanding my every attention and if I pay attention to one the other is getting upset, they are not sharing their toys.. it is all just too much sometimes.  I keep looking at the clock and it seems time just is going by so slowly and 5:00pm is never going to get here.

I don't think exhausted is even remotely close to how I feel right now.  I wish I could get both kids to nap willingly and easily, I wish I could get everything done, I wish I could sleep easily, I wish my daughter would sleep through the night.  She slept through the night the last two nights, and then last night she woke up twice.  And my son woke up once.  Luckily, when my son wakes up in the middle of the night, my husband gets him for me.. but still, there are nights I just wish both of them would sleep straight through the night.  But I guess I'm asking too much.

Last night for dinner, I used the Casserole Cookbook again.  I've been using this book a lot lately as far as cooking meals goes.  I made a Curried Chicken with Asparagus.  Except, I didn't have any curry powder and so I left it out.  I just didn't see the point of going to the store to buy curry powder when the recipe calls for only half of a teaspoon, and I didn't know if we would like the recipe or not.











Curried Chicken with Asparagus

1 (10 3/4 oz.) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. curry powder
1/8 tsp. pepper
1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen asparagus spears, thawed
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
2 tbs. canola oil
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese

In a large bowl, combine the soup, mayonnaise, lemon juice, curry powder, and pepper; set aside.  Place half of the asparagus in a greased 8-inch square baking dish.  Spread with half of the soup mixture.  In a large skillet, saute chicken in oil until no longer pink.  Place chicken over soup mixture.  Top with remaining asparagus and soup mixture.  Cover and bakme at 375 for 20 minutes.  Uncover; sprinkle with cheese.  Bake 5-8 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.

Makes 4 servings.

My husband said the sauce was too liquidy and I agreed.  So I think the next time I make this, I'll put it on a bed of rice.  But the sauce was indeed pretty good.  The meal was good though.  I didn't use the curry powder because we didn't have any at home so I think next time if curry powder is on sale, I'll go try it that way next. 

No comments:

Post a Comment