Pages

Friday, March 13, 2015

My dinner last night

Last year for Christmas I got my husband two cookbooks, one of them was a casserole cookbook.  We both love casseroles cause they make great leftovers.  Yesterday for dinner was Tater Taco Casserole.  We both thought it was a little like the Mexican version of the Tatertot Casserole.  

Here is the recipe and on the bottom of the recipe will have what we want changed differently next time.










Tater Taco Casserole

2 lbs. ground beef
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 envelope taco seasoning
2/3 cup water
1 (11 oz.) can whole kernel corn, drained
1 (11 oz.) fiesta nacho cheese soup, undiluted
1 (32 oz.) pkg. frozen tatertots

In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.  Stir in taco seasoning and water.  Simmer, uncovered, for five minutes.  Stir in corn and soup.  Transfer to a greased 13" x 9" baking dish.  Arrange tatertots in a single layer over the top.  Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until the potatoes are crispy and golden brown.

Makes 8 servings.

The dish was really good, except we don't eat beef so I substituted that with ground turkey.  And the other thing I am going to do differently is instead of using tatertots, I am going to use hashbrowns that have been thawed a bit so I can spread it out on the top instead of the tatertots.  Most likely I will make this dish again because there isn't a lot of ingredients needed and it was really good.  I added some mango peach salsa on top of mine and my husband added some sour cream.  Both ways tasted good.  This recipe is a keeper in my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment