Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

I feel awful

I was going to take a picture of last night's dinner, but by the time I got my phone out to take a picture my husband had already put some of the yummy food in his bowl and started eating dinner.  When I looked in the bowl it was half empty and it would not have looked all that pretty to post.  But I will post the recipe and the next time I make it, I will post the picture!  I promise.  But I make this recipe quite often so it won't be too long before I will be posting the picture.

Chicken Veggie Casserole

3 cups cubed cooked chicken
4 medium carrots, cut into chunks
3 medium red potatoes, cut into chunks
3 celery ribs, sliced
1 (10 3/4 oz.) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
2/3 cup water
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

Place chicken in a greased shallow 2 quart baking dish.  Top with the carrots, potatoes, and celery.  Combine the soup, water, salt, and pepper; pour over the vegetables.  Cover and bake at 350 for 60-75 minutes or until vegetables are tender.

The only things I change on this recipe is I add slightly more carrots and celery and I don't use red potatoes.  I use regular russet potatoes.  This is a delicious recipe that I have made over and over.  During Lent, I usually omit the chicken and we have a veggie stew instead.  It tastes like a stew and not what a casserole is like.  My husband said last night that this recipe would probably go well for when someone is sick.  Kind of like an upgraded version of the chicken noodle soup, minus the noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment