Pages

Monday, March 16, 2015

Now I know my ABC's...










I think I'm starting to dream of the alphabet in front of me.  I have been singing the alphabet to my daughter pretty much nonstop it seems.  I downloaded a few apps on my iPhone for my daughter and now whenever she plays the alphabet song and the lady is singing it, my daughter looks at me and says "sing, sing".  Then after I'm done, she plays it again and looks at me and says "sing, sing".  It's neverending and it's quite exhausting.  Sometimes she follows me to the bathroom with my phone in her hand and says "sing, sing".  I think it's even funnier that when she has a moment where she is not on my phone and she's watching Nick Jr. she asks me to sing her songs that are on there even though I don't know the words to the songs, she still wants me to sing to her.  I hope this little innocence of hers lasts forever.  

A while back ago we (my husband and I) have been having issues with our daughter's sleeping.  She would need one of us in the room with her when it was time for naptime and bedtime.  I used to put her down for her naps and bedtime.  But lately my husband has been putting her to bed for me which is a nice break because it gets exhausting putting her to sleep.  I mean, I am stuck in her room watching her drink her milk to fall asleep and then when she's done, she is tossing and turning to fall asleep and kicking the covers off and then wanting them back.  It gets exhausting!  My daughter used to also wake up around 11pm, 2am, 4am, then 5am and cry hysterically.  So, since my husband has to get his sleep to go to work the next day, I get up to put her back to sleep.  Coffee was my best friend.  But for the past few days, she has been waking up at 4:00-4:30am, which is not bad; but still, I would rather she wake up between 5:00-5:30am when my husband wakes up.  I guess, I should be grateful she's not waking up in the middle of the night anymore.  Let's hope it continues and she wakes up at a better time.  Baby steps.  

Next step is getting her to bed without me or my husband being in there.  My sister-in-law suggested putting music on, but I don't know what's wrong with us.  We can't seem to commit to a routine.  We used to give her a bath, let her play in there, then I would put lavender lotion on her body, put the music on, give her her milk, and she would fall asleep.  Now, my husband puts her to bed at 7:30pm, and by 8:00-8:15pm, he's back in our room and she's asleep, and we failed to play soothing music and giving her a bath and putting lavender lotion on.  I think once Spring Break gets here I will start that routine up again because it is getting very exhausting staying in her room waiting for her to fall asleep.

Please don't suggest letting her cry it out.  It doesn't work for her.  We tried once and she ended up crying for two and a half hours straight and it was the worst moment of my life.  I know I should have got her after ten minutes of her crying but my husband said she'd fall back asleep and to let her be.  So, I did, but she didn't fall back asleep and now my husband agrees to just get her when she cries.  But I do wait five to ten minutes before I get her when she's crying.  I don't want her to think that if she cries, I will go to her automatically.

That's it for now.  I will post a picture and the recipe for today's dinner tomorrow.  Tonight for dinner I am making a Chicken Vegetable Bake.  I have made it before, and it's more like a stew than anything really.  But I will post a picture and the recipe and any alterations I do to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment