Pages

Friday, March 20, 2015

I feel like a prisoner..

Most days I feel like a prisoner in my daughter's room.  She's the warden and I'm the prisoner trapped in her room, waiting and waiting and waiting for her to fall asleep.  Some days she drinks her milk and when she finishes, she hands me her sippy cup and then turns over and falls asleep.  Easy peasey lemon squeezey.  But most days she drinks her milk and I am sitting on the floor, waiting for her to fall asleep.  After she drinks her milk, most days she tosses and turns in her bed and sometimes gets out of her bed to run around in her room.  Sometimes she plays this game of I want the comforter.. I don't want the comforter.  Repeatedly.  It gets to the point of pure exhaustion and most of the time I just take it away and not give in.  Once she's asleep I will cover her up and walk away.  But I feel trapped in her room waiting for her to fall asleep while I hear her brother in the background cooing away or babbling away.  I know I should just walk out of her room and let her fall asleep on her own but it doesn't work that way.  It hasn't worked that way in a long time and the only way she falls asleep now is when myself or my husband are in the room with her.  In fact, if we leave, she'll cry and letting her cry it out never works cause we tried it before and she never fell back asleep.  So, I'm trapped every day in her room waiting and waiting and waiting for her to fall asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment